Saturday, September 19, 2009

Debut

This is the debut of my brand-spanking new professional blog about my adventures in the library world. Though I am a student now I hope to work in a Public Library either in Children or Young Adult Services. I'm considering jobs in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.

As of now I'm working as a Graduate Student Assistant at the University of Maryland's McKeldin Library. I love the variety that my job offers so whenever I come in I never know if I'm going to be in the basement unpacking boxes, grabbing books off the shelf, or ordering new books for the Humanities Department. It's pretty exhilarating and my classes at the iSchool keep me on my toes learning new skills. I'll blog more about each of those classes soon.

Here you'll find my thoughts on the latest literature I've read and other biblio and library related news.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! I look forward to reading your thoughts on librarianship :)

    ReplyDelete