Friday, July 1, 2011

Huge News

It is with great pride and excitement that I announce my new position as a Library Assistant for the Ashburn Library in Loudoun County, but also the revitalization of this blog!

My start date is July 7th and I just went through my last shift as a Library Page for the Prince William County Public Library System. Everyone on the circulation, youth services, information, and management staff wished me luck on my journey and it was with a heavy heart that I left them. I don't regret my decision accepting another offer a county away but someday I'd like to return to Prince William County work.

My new position is split between working the Circulation Desk and work the Info Desk for the Youth Services department. Now if only I can remember not to tell patrons to search for a book under the last name of the book's main character instead of the author! There is a possibility that I will be responsible for planning storytimes as well as adult programs. I'm being stationed in the largest library in the county so I'm very excited! It is indeed a new beginning for me and I look forward to jumping in with great vigor!

I have a to-do list and a to-read list a mile long. Here it is abridged:

1. Find out about reciprocal borrowing privileges between Loudoun and Prince William County.
2. Join ALA, PLA, & YALSA again.

My to read list on my book shelf currently consists of the following titles:

1. Laurell K. Hamilton - Hit List
2. Jodi Picoult - Harvesting the Heart
3. Ned Vizzini - It's Kind of a Funny Story
4. Yvonne Woon - Dead Beautiful
5. Sarah Dessen - What Happened to Goodbye

The one thing I will miss the most about working for Prince William County Libraries (besides the wonderful staff I've gotten to know over the last year) is the benefit of being on staff grants me absolutely zero fines and late fees.


As How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying would say, "Onward and Upward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment