Monday, October 5, 2009

Shan and Sendak

While waiting for Zombieland to begin the theatre showed an extended trailer for Where the Wild Things Are along with an collaborative interview with Maurice Sendak and Spike Jones. I'm so curious but skeptical about seeing this movie. Sendak appears to have given his blessing for it so I'll wait and see what the reviews say.

Also on my list to catch in the next few months is Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. I am very excited about this movie mostly because of the list of actors slated to appear in it: Selma Hayek, Willem Defoe nearly impersonating Vincent Price, and John C. Reilly. I haven't read the first installment of the series in ages. I was an avid follower of this series as a college student but Shan keeps cranking them out so quickly I've fallen behind. The rumor is that this movie will be based upon the first three books with four sequels comprising the rest of the 12 books.

1 comment: