Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Changes

Amazing how things can change in the span of a few days. As of tomorrow I will end my two year run as a Graduate Student Assistant with the Humanities Department at my current University. I could not have asked to be put with a more eclectic, intelligent, kind, and resourceful group of librarians. I had fun and learned a lot from my five bosses, and will miss them each as I move away. Pat presented me with a goodbye card signed by all the team members and a travel coffee pot as a parting gift. Even more meaningful is that before she went onto the desk she showed me how to finagle the fax machine.

I have found a subleaser for my apartment and am attempting to move out in the next few weeks and by few I mean two. Next week brings an information interview in DC and even more surprises. Did I mention I graduate in a few days? It's a scary feeling.

I won't forget the University of Maryland and the wonderful faculty that have impacted me and challenged me during my time there. I hope to keep in contact with them as I move to Manassas.

No comments:

Post a Comment