Sunday, May 16, 2010

Post exams, Pre-graduation

Filling in the few days between exams and graduation I'm trying to do many things at once:

1. Attempt to find a subleaser for my apartment
2. Apply for jobs (3 so far this week, expecting several more in the coming days)
3. Wrap up things at my current job at the University of MD
4. Pack to potentially move in June or July
5. Sign up for networking and career building events
6. Prep for DC Annual in June.

I have another informational interview at the Folger Shakespeare Library in a few weeks, after graduation. This time I'll be talking to someone in Special Collections. I also signed up today for a massive university related job fair in DC, put on by my Alma Mater, JMU. A few of my friends are going and I'm trying to convince more of my alumni friends to come too. Third on the list is a discussion group with DCLA called "Making the Most of ALA Annual". I'm signed up to go and I've never been exposed to a convention this huge that didn't have to do with anime. So getting advice from people in the field and conference attenders will be a huge help.

There are fun things involved as well, my friend's LOST finale party as well as spending graduation time with my folks. You've got to keep a balance between work and play after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment