Sunday, February 14, 2010

Famous Authors

I can remember a few famous authors that I've met this year and year's past. A lot of names I keep seeing over and over again as they were guest lecturers in my classes with Maria Salvadore and also very active on the children's author circuit. Other encounters were just that, encounters. I also missed a few big chances to meet authors I was really interested in, like Sarah Dessen. So hopefully I'll become better with that.

Fred Bowen - Guest Lecturer, writes sports fiction for children
Jodi Picoult - Got a picture with her, she autographed my copy of "My Sister's Keeper"
Mo Willems - Autographed my copy of "Don't Let the Chicken Drive the Bus"
M. T. Anderson - Autographed my copy of "Feed".
Roz Schanzer - Author of "What Darwin Saw"
Kathie - Meizner - Author of "Going Places with Children in Washington, DC", Guest Lecturer
Susan Stockdale - Illustrator, "Fabulous Fishes"
Jean Gralley
and that's just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment