Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Haikus

I only just head of National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) a few minutes ago and I'm very psyched about doing it. I think it will help me get back on the wagon for writing poetry. So, for the sake of this month's artistic expression my normally bookish and library related website is being hijacked to publish entries fro NaPoWriMo. I know I'm a few days behind so I'll post four (hopefully) short poems to catch up. I did actually write a few poems today, though they were haikus. So it's a start...right? Write!

For more information check out the NaPoWriMo website!

Today's poems were haikus. I'll try to incorporate a wider variety of poetic form thanks to the Wikipedia page.


Children grow like lightning.
Is magic or science, then,
why we age slowly?

A uniformed man
walks by. His boots and smile make
the ground and me quake.

Reading “The Room” makes
me feel claustrophobic. The
World waits outside.

I fear I will wear
my second hand wedding dress
just for steampunk walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment